Are you feeling completely exhausted and overwhelmed by your ever growing ‘to do list’? If so you are probably working ‘in’ rather than ‘on’ your business and wasting valuable time on non income generating activities.
Business owners who are successful are very clear about where they focus their attention. They often ask themselves ‘Is this really the best use of my time right now?’ or ‘Am I the right person to complete this task?’ It pays to get into the habit of asking yourself these types of questions on a daily basis.
It’s never too early or late to change the way you work. Whatever growth stage you are at, create the support you need to take your business to the next level, by leveraging your resources, delegating non incoming generating work and creating your own Success Team of experts.
Leverage your resources
Leverage means using all available resources at hand, so that you can focus on designing products, programmes and services, marketing your business and engaging new clients. It means setting up and using systems and processes that streamline and speed up your service delivery, freeing you up to serve your customers.
Learn to let go and delegate
There comes a pivotal point in any business when Non Profit Growth can only be achieved through other people and this is what moves an entrepreneur from selling their own time for money to truly building a business.
When most entrepreneurs start out in business, they do everything from delivering the product or service, invoicing, writing the marketing copy, making the coffee, opening the post and filing. The list goes on!
As your business grows it’s important to let much of this stuff go. Your job is to develop your business and increase your revenue. Your daily mantra should be ‘What can I delegate to free up my own time and increase my profits?’
Sometimes this can be tough as it’s about trusting other people with your ‘baby’. But letting go can make the real difference in growing your revenues
It is never too early to outsource or delegate to others by forming your Success Team of experts.
Create your Success Team
The key to success in this area is to find great people who are expert at what they do and who share your values, in terms of the way they work and their approach to clients. Anybody that operates under your business name will have an impact on how your business is viewed.
1. Hire a Virtual Assistant for a number of hours per week or month to send out mail shots, follow up on event invitations, book meetings and appointments, respond to client queries. It’s a fantastic feeling to know that while you are out and about the business is working without you having to press all the buttons.
2. Hand over your book keeping and accounting. Let the experts take care of keeping track of your finances and ensuring you stay tax efficient.
3. Employ a sales person. If you hate sales then employ a freelance sales professional who will work on an hourly or project basis.
4. Find a Web/IT professional who can help you present a polished image on line.
5. Work with a business coach or mentor. Whether in sport or business those who have achieved outstanding results have hired coaches or mentors to take them to the next level. Seek out coaches who will challenge your thinking and help you expand.